Creamy Veggie and Gnocchi Soup
This deliciously creamy (and suprisingly healthy and calorie-conscious) soup is bound to become one of your fall favorites. With generous servings of 4 veggies, it’s also vegetarian.
TIME: est. 25 minutes
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 zuchini
- 2 cups fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato dices
- 16 ounces veggie broth
- 2 (16 ounce pkgs) potato gnocchi
- 4 ounces milk or cream
- 4-6 Tablespoons (fresh!) grated parmesan cheese (if you’re vegetarian, make sure to get the kind without rennet, or use a vegan alternative)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- black pepper
1. Fill a large pot about halfway with water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Wash and dry produce. Peel and dice carrots and slice zuchini into small dices. Peel and mince garlic.
3. Add carrots to the pot and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add zuchini and gnocchi to the pot with carrots and boil for 3 more minutes. Drain and set aside.
5. Return pot to the stove and add butter over low-medium heat. When melted, add garlic and toast for 30 seconds. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
6. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly and return to a boil for 3-5 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
7. Stir in tomatoes, milk or cream, salt, and pepper.
8. Add gnocchi and veggies. Add in the fresh spinach and stir well until warmed through.
9. Add parmesan just before serving, and serve warm.
This soup is delicious served with some whole grain baguettes and a tossed salad. It also stores well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how it goes!