Best Asian Microgreen Salad with Chicken
Are you looking for a light dinner salad with different spin than the classic romaine-and-veggies toss up? This Asian microgreen salad has a story behind it, which I’ll tell you later. But it is just delicious, and can be chopped, tossed, and served in less than 15 minutes (if you prep the chicken ahead of time.)
Asian Microgreen Salad with Chicken
What you need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Annie’s Asian sesame dressing, halved. Want to make your own? Here’s a recipe.
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cups baby greens with spinach
- 1 cup fresh microgreens
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 whole carrot, shredded or julienned
- Bunch of fresh parsley
How to make it:
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours in 1/4 cup of the dressing. Slice the mushrooms, onions, and parsley, toss together, and drizzle with half the remaining asian dressing.
- Place mushroom mixture on aluminum foil and wrap it up. Place marinated chicken and foil-wrapped mushroom mixture on a grill or in the oven and roast until tender. Make sure chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Prepare a bed of the greens, then top with mushroom mixture. Slice the chicken into strips, then serve on top of the salad. Drizzle with the remaining salad dressing, then serve while the chicken and mushroom/onion mixture is still warm. Enjoy!
And now to tell you the story….
I was introduced to Annie’s dressings when I spent the summer living on Ocracoke Island on the outer banks. The 100+ year old shop I worked at carried their asian dressing, and the shop owner was a fabulous cook. I worked through a long shift one afternoon, and he went in the kitchen and brought me a massive salad with every imaginable veggie tossed in that delectable dressing. I was hooked on the dressing from then on.
I added the mushrooms and onion when I was on the last day of my 4 day Whole Foods Detox, and the only fresh veggies I had left were onions and mushrooms. I topped my go-to asian microgreen salad with some slightly sauteed onions, and found out that it turned out delicious! The warm mushrooms just add an element of texture and different flavor to the salad that I think makes the whole salad complete.
I would love to know what you think! Try this recipe and let us know in the comments how you enjoyed our Asian Microgreen Salad!
Do you want to learn how to grow your own microgreens? You can easily grow microgreens in your kitchen window, on your porch, even in your bathroom. Sign up for our newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send you our Beginner’s Guide to Growing Microgreens. We’ll see you soon!
Want More Great Recipes to Nourish and Fuel Your Wellness?
Asian Microgreen Salad
Who are we?
Our dream is to be more than an online wellness store…
We started Elements Health & Wellness with a big vision. We wanted to provide an online wellness store with the best products available, and we also wanted to offer resources, recipes, and simple, actionable know-how that you, our valued visitors, can use to up-level your own wellness. We are 100% family-operated and mission-focused.
Whether you are visiting our online wellness store, or are coming to us for recipes or resources, we want to curate an experience you enjoy and can learn from. We prioritize relationship in an ever-increasing digital world, and each time you send us a message, you are connecting with real people, in a real way. We know we don’t have all the answers… but we have made it our mission to serve you through our experience, resources, and realism.