20 Minute Healthy(ish) Chicken Garden Alfredo
This quick dinner is a delicious and healthy twist on the classic, comforting, foodie favorite, Chicken Alfredo. Originally inspired by Noodles & Co.’s Alfredo Montamore, I’ve taken a traditional alfredo and made it my own, including using a lighter version of my Grandma’s famous alfredo sauce. I’ve also included my meal-prep tips so that it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, so it’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
Chicken Garden Alfredo
2 cups Grilled Chicken Breast
1/2 pound spaghtti or linguine (whole grain, if possible)
1 cup sliced white mushrooms
2 cups fresh spinach
2 roma tomatoes
1 can light cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cupFreshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
3 Tablespoons crumbled bacon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh basil (optional)
- Start a pot of water to boil with about 4 cups of water. Add the pasta when it is brought to a complete boil.
- Grill your chicken, if it’s not already done. My favorite way to make quick, healthy meals a possibility is to grill chicken in large batches, then slice and flash freeze it for future meals like this one. Read about how to do this here. If you’re cooking from frozen, place 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a pan over low to medium heat and add the cooked chicken. Allow it to thaw and warm. Sprinkle in the bacon bits while cooking.
- Start your sauce. Add 1 Tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium saucepan over low heat. Add 1/2 cup of milk and the can of cream of mushroom soup. Add in 1/4 tsp black pepper and whisk until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese and simmer for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Now, Slice mushrooms, and leave spinach leaves whole. Toss in with the chicken and stir until the mushrooms are slightly soft and the spinach is wilted. Toss in the fresh tomatoes and only cook until warm.
- Strain the pasta, then return to the pot. Stir in the sauce thoroughly, then plate the pasta mixture. Top the pasta with the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle some more pepper and parmesan on top. Garnish with some freshly chopped basil, if available. Enjoy your meal!